Tuesday, March 4, 2014

New Year, New Home

So, it's finally complete! We moved into a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo rental and I love it. You know what the best part is? An IN UNIT washer and dryer! Yippie! At our old apartment, the laundry facility was at the back of my building so I would have to lug this 1000 lb. laundry bag all the way down my 2nd floor steps and around to the back just to do laundry. That doesn't even include balancing the laundry key, bottle of laundry detergent, having to go back to switch the loads to the dryer and then back again to pack it all up and lug it all back upstairs. Phew! I definitely hated it and I'll never go back to a having a home without a w/d in unit haha.


We're still unpacking little by little because we literally just finished bringing in the last few items from our old apartment 3 days ago, but if you follow me on Instagram you've been seeing bits and pieces of our new home. Luckily we finished moving all the major items when we did because it started POURING rain every day after that. It's been such a pain in the butt to be living in between houses for two weeks as we were moving stuff in to our new condo. I can't wait to fully unpack so we can finally stop living out of boxes. I seriously can't find anything and I have no clue why since I packed it all and all the boxes are labeled haha. Probably because there's just an overwhelming amount of boxes everywhere. It's like a maze! Aside from that, nothing is really going on over here. This was the first big thing that was in the works for the new year and I can't wait to share more milestones and memories throughout the year as they unfold. 2014 seems like it's going to be a big year for us, and I can't wait to celebrate it all with the world.



So, goodbye Apt. #2060 and hello Unit #2088! Apartment 2060, you have been the longest location our little family has ever lived at. We traveled so much when Mahal worked construction, so it was nice to finally call a place home. Four years to be exact. You were the place where we signed out first lease instead of renting privately or living in hotels and you were the first place we furnished a place with actual furniture. You saw JAM wean off of sippy cups and you were even the place where he fully started using the toilet. You were the location where Mahal got his first local job and where we lived when he got promoted to manager. You're the location where I decided that I wanted to change my college major even after I was almost done with my original major. You were the place that saw our nervousness when JAM was old enough to start elementary school. You were the bus stop where JAM first started riding the school bus and where I silently teared up as I waved goodbye to him as the bus pulled away. If only the walls of apartment 2060 could talk. Apartment 2060 is where my family blossomed during the new adventure of moving to Las Vegas. This apartment was our home for four year and it was so good to us. I hope that Unit 2088 is just as great. I can't wait to see what memories this new condo will experience with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your thoughts and comments!