Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mama Needs A Reboot

If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm an Instagram addict. I love finding new people to follow and Allie Casazza is someone who I've stumbled upon and have been following for quite some time. She's a mama who loves to post pictures of her kiddos just like me, but owns cuter mama outfits hehe. When I saw her share the news that she was releasing her first e-book, I knew I just had to read it. I received my copy of her e-book, Mama Needs a Reboot, and as I was reading it I swear Allie had a hidden camera in my home and was writing this book specifically for me! Here's a little jist of the e-book from the author herself:


"Mama Needs A Reboot is a short, but truthful book about the ruts we mamas can so easily find ourselves in, and the ways I myself have pulled out of them. I believe today's moms are bombarded with perfectionism on social media, and it's just not real. My mission for moms today is to shine light on the real parts of motherhood- the funny, the ridiculous, the messy, and the beautifully imperfect parts. I believe God wants to use you to help in this little ministry".



Just the title alone had me intrigued, but once I read the introduction of the e-book I knew right away that I would love it. Being a senior in college, a stay-at-home mom, a girlfriend, and everything in between can definitely become a little overwhelming. As chaotic as my life has been, Mama Needs A Reboot validated that I wasn't alone in the "craziness". Like I said, the introduction alone made me feel like Allie was observing my daily life these past few months and is giving me feedback on my whole situation. My whole outlook on the new year has been to focus on bettering myself so that I can be a better piece to our family team. With that said, this book couldn't have come at a better time.

In this e-book, Allie doesn't sugarcoat what it really is like to be a wife and mother of 3 young children. Just like me, she realized that "winging" her day to day routine was actually becoming a thorn in her journey to bettering herself and that she needed to make a change.  She breaks this transition process down into 11 different topics. Many of the chapters make religious references on how to trust in the Lord to aide you in this journey, but I didn't mind that at all since I also believe in the power of prayer and faith. However, even if you're not the most religious person, focus on the message Allie is trying to portray in this e-book you will gain some amazing insight on how you can be a better person, mother, and wife in the end of it all.

Browsing through the e-book you'll quickly realize that the eleven topics are short but meaningful. She was straight to the point about each topic, and I always felt more and more inspired as I kept on reading. I also loved that she had these "challenges" in between topics to serve as a time for self reflection. They were very simple tasks and they all made me really take a step back and look at my current situation. For example, one of her challenges were:

"Think about your life and your family's schedule. What are their needs? What do you need in the morning to start the day right? What can you do in the evening to make that possible? What can you change about both your evening routine and your morning routine to be a more godly servant as a homemaker? Set some goals, be realistic and prayerful as you make this list and stick to it!" 

See, easy and simple challenges to complete. Sometimes Allie even shared her personal answers to these challenges to help you started. By the time I finished reading Mama Needs a Reboot, I felt so empowered and ready to conquer the world. If a normal mama like Allie Casazza can overcome what I'm going through then why can't I do it too? I completed all of her e-book challenges and I can't wait to implement it all into my daily life so that I can be a better mom, girlfriend, friend, sister, etc. The e-book comes out TODAY, and I'm recommending it to all my friends and family. 


For more information about the book you can visit http://mamaneedsareboot.blogspot.com, and purchase your copy of this lovely e-book TODAY on Amazon! For all of you social media junkies, you can "Like" Allie Casazza's Facebook page for announcements about the book as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your thoughts and comments!