Monday, February 10, 2014

Hello 2014!

Whoa whoa whoa! How are we halfway through February 2014?!!! I swear I was just watching the fireworks on the Las Vegas Strip last week! *sigh* Like I always tell JAM, time waits for no one. Well HELLO 2014! and hey hey hey to all my readers out there. I promise you, I haven't forgotten about you! If you follow me on social media, you've seen that I've been busy busy busy! So many things are in the works for 2014 and I'm sooooo excited for it to all be executed. Just thinking about it all reminds me that we have so much to catch up on!


So, wrapping up 2013 was easier said than done. I was so excited because I love the holidays and to make it even sweeter, Lil Sis moved in with me! It's been YEARS since we've lived together and I love having her around. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years were a little more special this year because we had tons of family come into town to celebrate with us. As many of you know, both sides of my family are HUGE so it's really hard to get us all together. When we do get the chance to even get a few of us together, it's definitely a ball of fun. By the time Christmas hit, family was pouring in big time. The only stinker of the whole thing was that both Mahal and my car broke down the week before Christmas! I got into a minor fender bender with a couple of teens (JAM and I were fine) that caused me to have my car in the shop for two weeks. After that, Mahal's truck needed a new engine so we were scraping up $2000+ days before Christmas, which wasn't an easy feat for us. Luckily with the grace of God, things all worked out and we got cars back in time for Christmas. To put the cherry on top of it all, many of my Christmas gifts that I ordered online were delayed due to a system glitch. Minor materialistic things, but it was still a little annoying during the already hectic holiday season. In the end, family was there to celebrate with us and that's all that matters. As another plus, this was Mahal's first year as a manager at his job so we got to attend his company Christmas party at the Bellagio! I never went to my Prom and we have never gone to an event where we had to dress fancy so it was really exciting to have this moment. I was so proud of him for his accomplishments, and his job paid for a one-night hotel stay so we got to have a whole date night all to ourselves.

The view from our hotel room


The neat thing about living so close to the Strip is that I can see the NYE fireworks from the patio of my home! So, instead of braving the NYE Strip chaos, we decided to party from the comfort of our home. I was one of the "lucky" ones that caught the flu bug right after Christmas and I literally felt like DEATH! I was stuck in bed the whole time and didn't even know if it was morning or night. Honestly, by NYE I just prayed and said, "if there's any other craziness that's going to be thrown at us, get it all out now before we start the new year so we can start fresh". That's exactly what happened. We counted down, rang in the new year, and the great blessings just started pouring in left and right! I can't wait to share my 2014 journey with you as it all unfolds! I'm so happy that you've stuck with me through my first year of blogging and I can't wait to see what 2014 brings! HAPPY (belated) NEW YEAR!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your thoughts and comments!