Sunday, November 24, 2013

Movie Screening: Delivery Man

Man! This winter there are some pretty awesome movies being released! When I first saw the previews for "Delivery Man" starring Vince Vaughn, I was a little intrigued by the storyline. Originally based off the screenplay "Starbuck", Vince Vaughn plays the affable underachiever David Wozniak, whose anonymous donations to a fertility clinic 20 years earlier resulted in 533 children. David must now embark on a journey that leads him to discover not only his true self but also the father that he could become. 533 kids?! JAM is an only child and is a handful within itself. I can't imagine waking up one day and finding out that I'm the biological parent to 533 children. I was offered press passes to see the advanced movie screening for this movie but all opinions in this post are completely my own. To switch it up a little, Lil' Sis tagged along for the ride.

Photo: Jessica Miglio..©DreamWorks II Distribution Co., LLC. All Rights Reserved.
If you've seen Vince Vaughn films in the past, you'll understand when I say this movie is definitely "Vince Vaughn humorous". He has that awkward hilarity to him where you can't help but laugh at his random facial expressions or interesting one-liners. Here's one of my favorite scenes from the movie that my little sister and I can't stop quoting:

 
My sister and I were literally laughing every five minutes throughout the movie. Lil' Sis is NOTORIOUS for falling asleep during movies, but there was so much going on in this movie that she actually managed to stay awake until the end (which says a lot). I admit, there were a good amount of scenes that were fairly predictable. However, it still didn't take away from the excitement of the scene once it occurred. Even though the movie was comical throughout, it was still a heartfelt, feel-good movie. We were definitely rooting for Vince Vaughn as he took on the journey of parenthood head on. As a mommy I know how scary being a first-time parent could be so I could only imagine how David Wozniak felt when he found out he was a dad (x 533). Thankfully, David had his bff/lawyer Brett, played by Chris Pratt, to help him through it all. Brett definitely added that extra comical oomph in the movie, helping give David that parental perspective he was seeking. Lil' Sis and I had a blast attending this advanced movie screening. I definitely recommend "Delivery Man", especially for a cute date night out. On a side note, right when I got home from the movie screening, I asked Mahal if he'd even donated his sperm to any sperm banks in the past (I doubt it, but you never know haha). Of course he said no and looked at me like I was crazy.

Photo: Jessica Miglio..©DreamWorks II Distribution Co., LLC. All Rights Reserved.
 
"Delivery Man" is NOW PLAYING! 

Like Delivery Man on Facebook: Facebook.com/DeliveryManMovie  
Follow Delivery Man on Twitter: @DeliveryManFilm
Tweet the Official Hashtag: #DeliveryMan
Follow Delivery Man on Pinterest: Pinterest.com/DeliveryManFilm
Follow Delivery Man on Instagram: @DeliveryManMovie 


What would you do if you or your spouse found out they were the biological parent to 533 children?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your thoughts and comments!