Friday, May 1, 2015

Movie Screening: Avengers: The Age of Ultron

The moment I saw the trailer for the new Avengers movie, I knew I had to see it ASAP. The first Avengers movie locked me with all the action and attention to detail so I knew this follow-up movie was going to be epic. For those of you who missed all the excitement, here's a little synopsis for you:


"Marvel Studios presents “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jump start a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure. Along the way, they confront two mysterious and powerful newcomers, Pietro Maximoff, played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and Wanda Maximoff, played by Elizabeth Olsen and meet an old friend in a new form when Paul Bettany becomes Vision."

 
 This movie had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. It was completely entertaining from start to finish. I was definitely expecting all the action, but I was thoroughly surprised at how often I actually laughed throughout the movie as well. In this follow-up series you can feel the bond amongst the crew. It's as if they were like siblings in a way, bickering every so often and poking fun at their "brother". The wittiness and light - hearted spirit kept the movie fun and entertaining. To me, it even helped bond with the characters a little more. The thing I liked the most about the spunky dialogue was that it was so family-friendly. There were movies in the past that I've taken JAM to and the sly sarcasm and jokes would go right over his head. It was a nice change of pace to get to giggle together and recap the scenes after the fact.

As easy as it is to choose Captain America, Hulk, or Iron Man as the fan favorite, JAM and I both agreed that Hawkeye captured our hearts this time around. I know that you're reading this thinking we're crazy. Honestly, Hawkeye stepped forward with his fancy bow and arrow right into the shiny spotlight. He naturally was always looked at from the shadows or as a sidekick but I really loved how his character shined in the Age of Ultron. You'll have to check it out if you don't believe me. Overall, JAM's movie favorite was the Maximoff siblings. Their powers of speed and mind manipulation had JAM floored. Plus, they're like the new "shiny toys" of the movie so I can't blame him.

  
The Avengers return in Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron” on May 1, 2015.
Website and Mobile site: marvel.com/avengers
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/avengers
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/avengers


Comment below and let me know what you thought of the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your thoughts and comments!