Sunday, June 2, 2013

Happy Blogiversary to Me!

Whoa! I'm sitting here trying to recuperate my brain cells after being drained from an online midterm when I realize today is June 2nd, 2013! Yes, yes I said happy birthday to my stepdad, got caught up on all my homework, and did my daily mommy/girlfriend duties, but something kept telling me to do a blog post. Duh! I missed my 1st blogiversary! When did that happen?! I swear I feel like I've only been blogging for about 3 months but ONE YEAR?! How insane is that?! May 31st, 2012 I created my blog and published my first post. I had no clue where I wanted to go with it, but all I knew was I had so many ideas and thoughts that I wanted to share with the world. Now we're here, a year later. I never thought that I would even stick with it this long honestly. I even considered making it private to have this as a personal journal for myself or something, but I'm glad I didn't. I've met some awesome people (virtually and physically) thanks to this blog and I've interacted with so many fellow bloggers who I now look up to. 27,000 page views later and priceless amounts of fans and readers via social media. You guys are amazing. I still get excited when I click "publish" on my post and I even see 1 view on that post. My readers are the best and I can't wait to see where this next year takes me. Thank you to my bloggie friends as well for helping be a better blogger. I know I still have a lot of newbie tendencies but you still give me that extra nudge I need now and then to keep on truckin'.


So where do we go from here? I have big plans for my blog that I can hopefully get accomplished all in one year. School and life has occupied so much of my time lately, especially since my new school is an accelerated program *eek!*. Endless chapters and homework let me tell ya. However, my "baby" needs a tune-up don't you think? Revamping the look of my blog is something that I've been wanting to do for awhile. Make it my own, make it "me". I've already reached out to a few friends about helping me with it, but now is the time! With that said, any feedback is appreciated. What do you like about the blog, what should I change or add? I know that my sidebar is FULL of different info so you'll probably see a change there. What else....ooh how about a giveaway? Who doesn't love giveaways? That has to be #1 on my blog to-do list. I actually just won a giveaway myself for the first time EVER on another blogger's site and I'm completely ecstatic about it! So if you don't think you could ever win, look at me! It's possible!

Look forward to some positive changes around here on Chitown and All Around! I'm so excited to share all the revamps with ya as we go. Again, from the bottom of my heart, thanks so much for your loyalty. I couldn't last this whole year without you all. High fives and hugs all around!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your thoughts and comments!