Thursday, August 9, 2012

❤First Love❤

When people hear the topic of first love, mixed feelings come to mind. People fall in and out of love every day, but there's nothing like your first love. This idea has been swarming around my personal circle lately. So much that I feel like it needs to be talked about. Witnessing people be with their first love I realize that they never thought they could love someone so much, they would do anything for them, and they'd probably die without them. However, being a person outside the box looking in, I feel that sometimes this mentality is a disadvantage. I'm sure all of us have been there one time or another whether it be in middle school, high school or even in adulthood. When it gets to the last idea about your first love, the "I'd die without you" part, that's when I think it becomes a bad thing. I say this because I've witnessed time and time again where someone is some mesmerized with their partner, they don't see the crazy things they're doing for love. I guess technically it doesn't have to be your first love to have this happen in a relationship. People do crazy things for love all the time. However, I see it happening a lot more easily with their first. They change who they are. They change what they believe in. They become so wrapped up in pleasing their partner, they forget what love really is! I agree, this is only my opinion, but regardless it needs to be said.
{via}
I'm all for love. Love is the greatest feeling in the world! For all you teenagers out there, love is an amazing thing, but there is life after your first love if it doesn't work out. Ask anyone who has ever been in a relationship. People who are experiencing their first love or first boyfriend/girlfriend stay with their partnet sometimes even when they admit the relationship is going nowhere. Their number one reasoning is one of many things: they are my first love, first boyfriend/girlfriend, and/or we've been together for X amount of months/years. Don't lose sight of who you are to please someone who wants you to become someone you're not. If they truly love you, they won't try to change you. There's a difference between making a compromise for the one you adore and having someone try to make you fit their perfect picture. I feel that relationships should be a two way street and if it isn't, maybe there should be a little self reflection on your part. Unless you like being (for lack of a better word) submissive I guess. For those of you who say "I'll never find someone like them" or "No one wants to date me" your wrong. I truly believe that there's someone out there for everyone. If your first love didn't work out, THAT'S OK! There's life after that relationship though. You may think there isn't BUT THERE IS!! trust me on this one.
{via}

If your family and friends have nothing but negative things to say about your partner, almost always it's true. These are the people who truly love you and want the best for you. They see what you can't see because you are so blinded by love. Step back and take a look at your relationship from outside the box. Try to see if there's any truth to what everyone is saying to you. Some people are lucky enough to find their first love and live happily ever after. Some might not and that's ok! The right guy or girl will come around. Especially if you're real young. I see people who are 16 or even 24 years old like me saying they're going to live life alone now that they're single. Come on! You're at your prime at 24! Some people may not even find their "perfect match" until their 40! I'm not saying to have this 100 point checklist of your perfect partner because no one is perfect and will fit every bullet point, but know what's really important to you in a relationship and stick to it. Similar morals and values. Similar likes and dislikes about things. First loves can me a match made in heaven or a point of learning. Trial and error right? Be you. Be confident in who you are and don't let anyone tell you any different. The right guy or girl will come along and sweep you off your feet to show you what love truly feels like, and there's no feeling like it.
{via}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your thoughts and comments!