Monday, July 30, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

I just celebrated my 24th birthday on July 28th (yay me! hehe) and it was one of the best birthdays yet! After my 21st birthday I feel like I'd rather spend quality time with my family for my birthday than be out and about at the clubs and bars with a bunch of randoms. So, spending quality time with JAM and Mahal is exactly what I did and it was PERFECT!

I couldn't stop laughing at JAM's card for me!
We did an early birthday dinner the night before at one of my favorite Chinese restaurants in Vegas. The food was to my liking as usual.

We got home a couple minutes before midnight (we always countdown our birthdays). A tradition that started 6 years ago between Mahal and I is giving each other a ding dong supcake with a candle in it at midnight on our birthday. I was in the hospital, pregnant and on bed rest on the eve of my 18th birthday. My hospital was in the middle of downtown Chicago so there was nowhere for Juan to pick up a cake for me, and he knew my family wasn't coming to visit until late at night since my mom worked late. So, he made a run to the nearest store and picked up a ding dong cupcake and a candle then presented it to me at midnight on my first bday together with him. The tradition just stuck through the years and it's something that I always look forward to. This year, however, I got DOUBLE the love and I wouldn't have it any other way <3. JAM wanted in on the tradition and came out with daddy to give me a ding dong cupcake too! I absolutely LOVED it!

We started off my birthday with breakfast in bed. They know how much I love pancakes so that's what they made me. We got ready and headed to a couple malls and stores to do a little shopping and pampering. The one thing I definitely wanted to do on my birthday was visit this new ice cream sandwich shop that just opened about two weeks ago called Sweet Addiction. Boy! was it everything I ever dreamed of and more! They specialize in ice cream sandwiches where you get to choose whatever two cookies you want and whatever ice cream you want to make the sandwich, but you can also order both the ice cream or cookies individually. It was heaven in my mouth! No exaggeration! They use the old school thrifty ice cream and it's probably the best ice cream I've ever eaten in my life! I can't wait for family to come into town so I can take them! Another reason to love it, the owners are super friendly and it's affordable! Mahal got an ice cream sandwich and it was only $3! I got 3 scoops of my 3 favorite flavors (cotton candy, birthday cake, and bubble gum) for only $3.50, and JAM got a scoop of ice cream on a cone for only $1.50! If you're ever in Vegas, definitely stop by Sweet Addiction and thank me later.

After that we headed to Fashion Show Mall on the Strip to do a little more shopping and ended our night with a nice dinner at Applebee's. It definitely was a great day with the men of my life. They catered to me all day and JAM behaved the whole time, which was awesome. Thank you Lord for another great year of life, and I'm excited to see what you have in store for me in the future. I'm so blessed with awesome friends and family, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I would also like to thank all of you who take the time to read my blog! I see an increase in the level of support every day and I appreciate you all! We just have to keep taking it day by day and together, we can accomplish anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your thoughts and comments!