Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Liebster Award

"The Liebster Award is for blogs with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever nominated them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
Kimberly at Twinkling Trees sent me a notification on Twitter that she had nominated me for a Liebster Award! Me? Nominated for an award? How sweet :). I was so excited to be nominated by a fellow blogger and that the Liebster Award helps new and undiscovered bloggers get their name out there. Since I entered this awesome blogging world, I've come across so many awesome blogs that I probably would have never come across otherwise so I'm so excited to share the love and nominate other newbie or undiscovered gems with my readers. As the rules of the award state, let's begin with 11 random facts about me:

1. To kill time, I go on the Internet. Even though I have already checked my e-mail, Twitter and Facebook 50 times, I’ll do it again…just to kill time lol. I read Facebook and Twitter like it’s the morning paper (Sad I know).

2. I’ve become an "organizing" fanatic but somehow I'm still unorganized if that makes any sense. I have so many calendars that I use, post-its, notebooks, even a BLACKBERRY and still…chaotic mess surrounds me. Blame my habit of writing random thoughts and tasks on the nearest piece of paper and forgetting where I put it.

3. I love watching my son, JAM. Although some stuff may be random and sometimes his repetitiveness tends to become annoying, it still puts a smile on my face. He amazes me so much.

4. Although Mahal and I nag at each other constantly, seeing his number pop up on my phone still excites me like back in the day.

5. School can become a pain in the butt, but I like going to school.

6. I don’t care much about brand names but at the same time I like having nice things.

7. Music and a journal (or my blog) are my perfect getaway.

8. I have a hard time sleeping at night. Some say to clear my mind but I don’t know how.

9. I have an odd love for markers. Different colors…different styles…especially the Mr. Sketch smelly ones!

10. I love helping people and making others happy, but sometimes I do it a little too much and usually those same people leave me hanging when they're needed.

11. If college wasn’t so expensive I would love to explore so many different fields.
Mahal and I

11 questions from Kimberly at Twinkling Trees
 
1. Why did you start blogging? I was looking for a new outlet to voice and share my thoughts. I had a semester off of school so I decided that was the perfect time to dip my feet into the blogging world.


2. What is your favorite season? Spring. The weather's so perfect that time of year and Spring colors are so cute.


3. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you? Hmm, I'd say I'd move back home to Chicago. There's no city like it! Granted, I haven't traveled the world yet so ask me again in a few years lol.


4. Have you met "the one"? Yes ma'am! Mahal and I may not be married but we're approaching 8 years of chaotic bliss this September :)


5. Where is the best place that you have taken a vacation to? I haven't traveled internationally yet (unless you count Canada), but I'd have to say I loved Lake Tahoe more than I expected to. It was so relaxing and beautiful there. The water and the air are so pure!


6. Do you like or despise cartoons? It depends on the cartoon. All in all I like them.


7. What is your favorite sci fi/fantasy tv show? I don't watch much sci fi/fantasy TV shows as I do movies, but does Vampire Diaries count? lol


8. If you read books often, which one do you think everyone should read? Twilight. Haha! If that's not your thing check out a Nicholas Sparks book and I dare you to not cry or look at your significant other and compare them to the characters in the book. If you're preggo or a new mommy, read Jenny McCarthy's books (they're hilarious) or Sophie Kinsella's "Shopaholic" series was cute. It's been a long time since I've read a good book. Blame college. Those books are the only ones I read nowadays.


9. Night Owl or morning person? Definitely a night owl.


10. Which Winnie the Pooh character would you be? Probably Tigger or Pooh. Depends on the day.


11. Who is your favorite blogger or YouTuber? I'm so not the girly type but have slowly been trying to upkeep my inner girly side. So I've been watching Michelle Phan for makeup tutorials. I've really been feeling the retro, rockability style lately so I'm loving ilovegerardo for hairstyle tips and tricks.

My little sister and I used to do this dance all the time. Happy Happy Joy Joy! :)

So there you have it! A little bit about me. Hopefully I didn't scare away any readers haha. Now time to share the love! 


I nominate you for the Liebster Award! You all are such great reads and everyone should know it! Here are your 11 questions:

1. What is #1 on your bucket list?
2. Do your close friends and family call you something other than your first name?
3. What is your favorite ice cream?
4. If you were stranded on an island, what are your 3 must-haves?
5. What's a movie that you can watch over and over again?
6. Do you speak any other languages?
7. Have you ever traveled outside of the U.S.?
8. If you found out this is the last meal of your life, what would it consist of?
9. If you could splurge on one item, what would it be?
10. Do you have a special talent?
11. What was your favorite TV show from your childhood?




1 comment:

I love reading all your thoughts and comments!