Monday, June 25, 2012

Recipe: Chicken Enchiladas

I love chicken breast because there's so much you can whip up with it. I usually have some cooked chicken on hand for times when I want to whip up something quick since cooking the chicken is what usually is the most time consuming part of most recipes. If I want to whip up something fairly quick and yummy or if I have guests coming over last minute, this is definitely my go to recipe. It's always a crowd pleasure and takes minimal work!

Ingredients:
* 1 lb. boneless chicket breast
* 1 - 16 ounce jar of Pace Picante Sauce
* 2 teaspoons chili powder
* 1/2 cup of sour cream
* A bag of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1 package of  corn tortillas (8-inch)
* 1 - 28 ounce can of Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
* 1 green onion, thinly sliced


Directions:
1. Boil the chicken breast on medium/medium high with your seasoning of choice until the chicken is tender enough to shred with a fork. For 1 lb. of boneless chicken breast it usually takes me 1 hour to 1 hr. 20 min. to achieve this consistency. My go - to seasonings are the ones I used in my Taco Pasta Salad recipe.

2. Once your chicken is cooked, drain it and shred it all in a large bowl.

3. Add jar of picante sauce, chili powder, sour cream, and about 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese to your bowl of shredded chicken and mix it all thoroughly. If you like your enchiladas more cheesy add a little extra cheese to the mix.

4. Warm about 10 tortillas. I warm my tortillas in the microwave for about 1 minute and cover it with a moist paper towel to soften the tortillas and avoid cracking when rolling them.

5. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture vertically into the center of a tortilla, and then roll up the tortilla and place it on a lightly greased, shallow baking pan. Continue steps 4 and 5 until you use all of the chicken mixture.

6. Once you have your chicken - filled tortillas lined up on your baking pan, cover all the tortillas generously with a can of green chile enchilada sauce. It's personal preference as to what kind of sauce you use but I like the green sauce. You can also use another jar of Pace Picante Sauce as an alternative or they offer red chile sauce as well.


7. Generously apply Monterey Jack cheese over the top of the sauce - covered tortillas and top it off with green onion.

8. Bake at 350o for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your thoughts and comments!