Thursday, May 31, 2012

Always keeping busy...

I realized that I gain so much inspiration on a daily basis from blogs I find surfing the internet. I also noticed that blogging is a great creative outlet and venting mechanism for moms, students, and girls alike! So, I figured, maybe I should start one too! I'm currently 23 years old, but I feel that I don't live the same lifestyle as other people my age. Just like most 23 year olds, I'm a full-time college student, and I like to go out an have fun once in awhile, but what separates me from the rest is that I'm also a mother to an amazing 5 year old little boy. Let's call him JAM. At this time point in time of our lives is where I see friends graduating from college (sometimes with a graduate degree already), getting engaged, and planning to have children. My boyfriend, "Mahal", and I started our lives a little bit differently. We started dating when I was 17 and he was 18, and we had our first son just shy of our 1 year anniversary as a couple. Regardless of many peoples thoughts and concerns on the situation, Mahal and I are stronger than ever and we are truly satisfied with the little family and life that we have created. That's not to say that we've hit our fair share of bumps in the road, but we definitely always find a way. Because we started our little family and relationship a little earlier than the rest of our friends, we tend to be the first phone call people make when they needs tips or advice on relationships and children. After awhile I realized most of our advice is usually repeated to different people and the situations we all go through aren't as unique as we think. So, maybe if I just blog about my life experiences it'll not only help our friends and family, but anyone else who's in a similar situation too. So here it is, my first blog! Just take it day by day with me and trust me, if you can get through this, you can get through anything. I'm living proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your thoughts and comments!